- American Museum of Natural History: Practically around the corner from our hotel, stands “one of the world’s preeminent scientific and cultural institutions.” You may also recognize parts of this museum from the film “Night at the Museum” (fans will love the museum’s themed tour based on movie). Featuring exciting attractions such as Hayden Planetarium, the historic Theodore Roosevelt Rotunda and multiple dinosaur exhibits, this museum is fun for the whole family.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art: Visit the Met to view a stunning collection of priceless artifacts and masterpieces from around the world throughout human history. This museum is truly an American treasure not to be missed. Children 12 and under are free when accompanied by an adult and the museum is open 7 days a week.
- Madame Tussauds: Some people are lucky enough to see a celebrity in real life when visiting NYC. For the rest of us, there’s Madame Tussauds! Full of incredibly lifelike wax figures of everyone from movie and sports stars to world leaders and historical figures, your entire group will get a kick out of visiting this museum.
- Museum of Modern Art (MOMA): Home to priceless works of art from all the greats such as Vincent Van Gogh, Andy Warhol and Pablo Picasso. (Free Admission on Fridays from 4pm-8pm)
- 9/11 Memorial Museum & Monument: This moving tribute was erected in response to the World Trade Center terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001 and February 26, 1993, which claimed the lives of nearly 3,000. (Free Museum Admission on Tuesdays 5pm-close)
Other Nearby Museums:
For additional recommendations, including children’s museums and museums that offer free admission, check out NYC’s official city guide, or feel free to ask our Front Desk.